Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The College and University Housing Report

The Boston Foundation website www.tbf.org reported on how the college community is confronting the vexing problem of student housing. It's findings show from 1990 - 2002 Boston colleges and universities added 16,324 new student beds, the equivalent of 2,600 apartments in the Boston area. As of 2004 there were 32,528 dormitory beds in Boston, an increase of 2% over 2002 and a 92% increase over 1990.

I commend the college community in their attempt to build more housing for their students. It should be noted that the local colleges are trying to make strides in their housing needs even though they face many hurdles from local communities and city officials. One such example is Suffolk University and its attempt to build college dorms in Beacon Hill. This college dorm proposal has created an outcry in the local community but without these new dorms Beacon Hill apartments will remain in short supply.

www.fordrealty.net

2 Comments:

Blogger Tinwa said...

Hey this blog is not about broker

I have been doing hours of research on "broker" and it brought me to your blog on The College and University Housing Report. Anyways, Boston-Real-Est e-W ch I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Debt Consolidation Refinance said...

Most of us come here to express our opinions, but sometimes I find some useful information which helps me out, so I've decided to share a useful tool with everyone. I recently found http:\\thehomemortgageguide.com when I was searching Southern California home loans. I found a lot of good, free advise for people who own california real estate and may be interested in home mortgage refinances. This is a no cost, no obligation site where you can get your questions answered like I did. Ever since, I've told everyone that I know who owns real estate whether or not they have bad credit and I'm glad I decided to share what http:\\thehomemortgageguide.com has been able to do for me.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home