Monday, December 05, 2005

Housing Tax Survey

On a recent survey, given a choice of simplifying the federal tax laws or retaining the current tax incentives, Americans resoundingly prefer the latter according to a ntionwide survey of adults.

Two out three survey participants (68%) favor retaining deductions for mortgage interest, state and local taxes over a plan to simplify the current tax code, according to the survey conducted by RT Strategies on November 7-20, 2005.

As a real estate broker I hope this is a wake up call for Capitol Hill and the President's Advisory Panel on Reform, which has indicated the repel of the popular tax incentive that has promoted homeowneship.

www.fordrealty.net

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I'm all about fairness, and I don't see the fairness in homeowners being able to deduct interest.

I know, I'm anti-American.

You can make all the arguments you'd like, but I still don't think it should be allowed.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home