Friday, January 20, 2006

Realtor Stats

The following information is from www.realtor.com

- Married couples make up the largest share of the housing market 61%
- Single women 21%
- Single males 9%
- Unmarried couples 7%
- Other 2%

- Typical buyer walked through 9 properties and searched 8 weeks to buy a home and moved no more then 12 miles from their previous residence.

- Typical seller placed their home on the market for 12 weeks, lived their for 6 years. Moved 15 miles to a new residence

-44% of buyers found their real estate agent via freind.

-11% used an agent from a previous transaction.

-7% found an agent on the internet

-7% found an agent at an "open house"

-Six other groups account for a smaller share each.

www.fordrealty.net

3 Comments:

Blogger real estate expert said...

Thanks for the read. If you're interested in swapping links at any of my real estate sites (not blogs, but full-blown websites), please read more ....

3:51 AM  
Blogger Boca Expert said...

I don�t really have a useful comment on your site, but it was a nice break from my own real estate work. I just wanted you to know I enjoyed the visit and hope you can visit my site if you have a chance.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Real Estate Expert said...

Every time I am about to give up blogging, I run into something which catches my attention � like your blog � which is a pleasant distraction from the difficulties of my own real estate work. Thanks for the read. Visit my site if you have a chance.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home